This week is Eating Disorder awareness week! What does this mean?
There is an entire week dedicated towards educating the public and honoring those within their Eating Disorders and Eating Disorder Recovery. February 26th to March 4th will be focused on continuing the conversation about Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, and Eating Disorders other specified, as well as, educating the public about the truth behind Eating Disorders, continued funding towards Eating Disorder treatment, honoring the recovered, and spreading love and awareness to those affected by Eating Disorders and those who lack an understanding of Eating Disorders and Recovery.
The National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA) host’s week of awareness, therefore I encourage everyone to visit their webpage. NEDA offers a plethora of ways to not only get involved within Awareness week, but also offers resources for those in need of extra support, see below for a list of services…
- Free online screening for Eating Disorders
- Local and online resources for those in need
- Ways to raise awareness and get involved within the recovery community
- Local and global walks in honor of NEDA awareness week
- Stories of hope
- Resources for treatment and insurance
- Public health concerns and a conversation surrounding the stigma of Eating Disorders
As we move into this week, I encourage everyone to take the time to visit this website and join the conversation!